Saturday, September 5, 2009

ESPN.com predicts Western Conference Standings

On Wednesday, the same 53 ESPN.com panelists who you've grown to know in the S&C predicted how the Western Conference would pan out. Without a doubt, the West is the more dominant conference, but I believe the East is continuing to improve.

ESPN.com's predictions (the number on the side predicts the win loss-record):

1. Lakers 62-20

2. Spurs 54-28

3. Trail Blazers 52-30

4. Nuggets 51-31

5. Mavericks 50-32

6. Jazz 47-35

7. Hornets 47-35

8. Suns 42-40

Outside looking in team (9th seed): Rockets 35-47

With the exception of a few minor tweaks, I pretty much agree with these predictions. However, I truly believe the Warriors will make some noise next year in the West, but ESPN.com has them winning only 31 games next year. Yes, Steven Jackson wants a trade, but so what? It's not like the Warriors won't get someone good in return if a trade were to happen. In my opinion, I think the Warriors young core may blossom into something special.

About a month ago I posted my own Western Conference predictions. Be sure to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment