Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Raptors take on the Lakers tonight

How ironic--the last time I blogged was when the Raptors stunned the Lakers at the ACC. Going into the night, I thought the Raptors had no shot of winning, but somehow found a way to prove me wrong. I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't believe the Raptors won.

Now, 44 days later I feel the complete opposite. Sure, the Raptors went on a hot streak and were 7 games above .500 at one point, but now they're on a cold streak at the worst possible time. The Raptors have lost 5 of 6, hold a very average record of 32-29, and have slid to the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference. Chris Bosh has been injured during this span, but nonetheless--since the All-Star break, the Raptors have lost momentum when I thought it'd be opposite. The Raptors have let their opponent score over 100 points in each of the 5 losses, and 4 of them have been in front of the ACC crowd. Home is a place you never want to lose--but 4 straight times? Come on.

What I'm saying is, this isn't just another slump--this team has drastically fallen back down to Earth, and it doesn't look like they'll be rising up anytime soon.

I know it's been said and said, but I'll say it (well, write it...) one more time: If the Raptors have any shot of keeping their All-Star (if you don't know who I'm referring to, please stop reading this), they need to start winning now. I truly believe Bosh will stay, but only if the team is successful. I don't want another first round exit, and I'm guessing CB doesn't either. If the Raptors lose 4 of 5 games without Bosh, isn't that a sure tell sign that this team needs him?

And guess what? The Raptors are in LA tonight to face the Lakers. So just like I said 44 days ago, I'll be shocked if the Raptors win tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment