Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jarrett Jack officially a Toronto Raptor

I know I wrote about this yesterday, but I thought I'd follow up on it today... Last week, the Raptors signed Jarrett Jack to an offer sheet, a deal with $21 million over the next 4 seasons. Because Jack was a restricted free agent, the Pacers had 7 days to match the offer--which they didn't do. Rather than bringing back Jack, the Pacers are looking to add PG Earl Watson.

I'm guessing the Raptors signed Jack to the midlevel exception, because the deal pans out to average $5.25M. The Raptors still have around $5-7M, so I'm guessing Bryan Colangelo will look to add more depth to the bench.

The Raptors have had a fantastic off-season so far. I believe if all goes to plan, the Raptors will get the #4 seed in the East next season.

Jarrett Jack will be introduced at 2:30 ET today. Fans can watch the press conference on Raptors TV, or Raptors.com. James Borbath will also have a live blog party during the press conference. Check out dinonationblog.com for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment