Monday, August 10, 2009

Recapping the Weekend

Pardon the lack of blogs these past few days--I was in Canton, Ohio for the Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony for the weekend and I was pretty swamped.

Not to much happening in the NBA right now--the off-season's lull continues.

On Friday, Rashard Lewis tested positive for elevated testosterone levels, and will be suspended for the first 10 regular season games. 

Lewis said in a statement that he took an over-the-counter supplement late last season that included a substance he did not realize was banned by the NBA.

“First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty,” Lewis said. “I apologize to Magic fans, my teammates and this organization for not doing the research that should come with good judgment."

..how many times have we heard that?

Anyway, if I'm David Stern, I'm a little concerned. By no means are performance-enhancing drugs used in the NBA, but will this trigger other players to use them?

Linas Klieza has signed 2 year deal to play for  Olympiakos. Klieza was rumored to play for Toronto, but when Marco Belinelli was acquired that rumor died.

LeBron James has made it pretty obvious he won't sign an extension this summer. ESPN is making a big deal out of this, but it comes as no surprise. In these type of situations, it's all about having the upper hand--because LeBron won't sign an extension, it only forces the Cavs' front office to make the team better. The same goes for Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and all the other 2010 free agents.

Kurt Rambis will be named the Timberwolves head coach. I was a little surprised Sam Mitchell wasn't hired--he played for the team, and has the experience of head coaching. I still hope Mitchell finds work, because I have much respect for the guy, and wish him nothing but the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment