Saturday, August 29, 2009

Who hates August? I do

I apologize for the lack of the blogs these past few weeks. It's August, and the only thing going on Raptors wise is Canadian basketball. But I don't live in Canada, so it's hard to blog on it.

But anyway, Chad Ford recently gave his off-season rankings on ESPN.com. The Raptors were ranked #8. In my opinion, this is a little low, but it comes as no surprise, considering the Raptors never get credit. Ford gave the Celtics the #6 spot, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Don't get me wrong, the Celtics have had a good summer, but better than the Raptors? That's up for debate.

Some other key notables:
Spurs #1, Magic #2, Mavericks #7, Cavs #9

On Thursday, 53 ESPN panelists predicted who would win Rookie of the Year in the 2009-2010 season. Only 9 people didn't vote for Blake Griffin, while Jonny Flynn and James Harden received 3 votes, and Stephon Curry got 2. DeMar DeRozan wasn't voted. It also said in the article that the same panelists will be making future guesses in the upcoming weeks--one of which predicts where the 2010-2011 free agents will land, so I'll be sure to blog on it.

My good buddy James Borbath has set up a Mock GM league, in which participates can control an NBA franchise, weather it be from a GM or agent's perspective. As of about 10 hours ago, a handful of spots are still available. If interested, please get in contact with him via Twitter (dinonationblog). I've never done this before, but it sounds like it'll be fun. By the way--I'm controlling the Chicago Bulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment